Friday, September 25, 2015

God's Promise of Answered Prayer

In this message:
  • This Sunday's Lesson
  • Prayer - AUTHENTIC
  • Humor

THIS SUNDAY'S LESSON
God's Promise of Answered Prayer
Luke 11: 5-13

After giving a model for "how to pray" (vs 2-4), Jesus offered some 
additional pointers concerning prayer. Foremost, His message was that 
His followers are to be persistent in prayer. Prayer is driven by knowing we 
have a need that we cannot meet within ourselves. Thus, we go to the 
One we know has the resources, the ability, and the desire to meet 
that need. We are assured the Lord answers the prayer of faith.

At the end of the lesson is the section "LIVE IT OUT". This provides three 
ways to put prayer into action in your life.
1. Use the model prayer
2. Start a prayer journal
3. Be an example: pray regularly

The following comes from  the Wednesday Night Bible Study (WNBS). We were 
studying "The Discipline of Personal Prayer" in the study "Authentic" by 
James MacDonald.Which leads me to inviting you to come and join us on 
Wednesday night. We meet in the Andress Class room. You would be a blessing 
to us by joining us.
  • Is My Prayer REAL?
    • Public performance prayers are a sure sign of insincerity.
    • The secret to prayer is prayer in secret.
  • Is My Prayer SIMPLE?
    • Prayer is not to inform God.
    • The purpose of prayer is to express faith toward God.
  • Is My Prayer WORSHIPFUL?
    • The Lord’s Prayer is a Model prayer.
    • When you begin your prayer, begin with Father.
  • This was added in the video and was not noted in the guide:
    • – adoration
    • C - confession
    • - thanksgiving
    • – supplication
  • Is My Prayer SUBMISSIVE?
    • There is no answered prayer where there’s not submission to God.
    • I surrender my wants and my sense of timing.
  • Is My Prayer PRACTICAL?
    • Prayer List – Daily Bread
      • Income in every household
      • Physical heath
      • Emotional heath
      • Spiritual health
  • Is My Prayer REPENTANT?
    • “God, I want You to forgive me the way I forgive others."
  • Is My Prayer EXPECTANT?

A wonderful individual shared with me another acronym about prayer:
P.U.S.H. – “Pray until something happens.”


HUMOR & CHALLENGE

  • There are three kinds of "givers": the flint, the sponge, and the honeycomb.
  • To get anything out of the flint you must hammer it. By doing this you may get chips and sparks. 
  • To get liquids out of the sponge you must squeeze it, and the more you apply pressure, the more you will get. 
  • The honeycomb just overflows with its own sweeteners. 

WHICH KIND OF A GIVER ARE YOU?

********************************************************************
A doctor broke the news to a man that his wife would have to admitted to an extended care facility. "I'm afraid that her mind is completely gone," replied the doctor. The husband sighed heavily as he responded, "Makes sense. She's been giving me a piece of it every day for the last 50 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment