Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Secret Service

A friend was in front of me coming out of church one day, and the preacher was standing at the door as he always is to shake hands. He grabbed my friend by the hand and pulled him aside. 
       
The Pastor said to him, "You need to join the Army of the Lord!" 
       
My friend replied, "I'm already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor." Pastor questioned, "How come I don't see you except at Christmas and Easter?" 
       
He whispered back, "I'm in the secret service."

Do we have some "secret service" members of our class? I am sure you might be able to recall a name or two! Some may be friends of yours. If we can remember a few, the Lord is challenging us to give them a call, write a note, send an email, or send a text. Let them know that we miss them, that they can be a blessing to our class, and we want them to find a church home at First Baptist.


Image result for hand written "miss you" note
Image result for text message iconImage result for phone clipartWhat a challenge this can be and I know you can answer the call; besides, we are just "beggars telling other beggars where the BREAD is."Image result for email

No comments:

Post a Comment