Thursday, August 27, 2015

Update for Sunday, August 23rd

Lesson: Return to the Task
August 23, 2015


Acts 13:1-3, 44-52


The keys to the lesson are this:

  1. We, as individual Christians, should return to the task of sharing with others (believer and non-believer) God's grace through the sacrifice of His son, Jesus Christ. (The Great Commission)
  2. We, as the Church, should return to the tasks of teaching and uplifting the congregation, evangelizing to all, and providing help and comfort to those in need.
To "Bring'em in - Build'em up - Send'em out"




The following is shared from a Pastor's blog.....

Could it be that God is crossing your path today with people you need to meet and facilitate connecting them to Christ? Let me encourage you to live on SOUL PATROL! Look for people who are looking for Jesus. God could be orchestrating divine appointments that you are missing. Ask the Lord to open your eyes so that you can see the people around you as He sees them. Then be ready in every circumstance to share your witness for Christ. (1 Peter 3:15) Fill you daily experience with divine encounters by looking for people who need Jesus.

I was recently in an airport in Louisville, Kentucky and my Delta flight was delayed. After a quick lunch, I met a young soldier named Robert sitting in a broken massage chair in the airport concourse near my departure gate. I asked if the other vibrating chair was broken, and he affirmed it was also busted, but it was still real comfortable. So, I sat down and asked him some questions about his life and listened to his story. Then I shared with Robert how Christ changed me and asked him if he was connected to Jesus. He said, “Not really but my Mom is a strong believer.” We looked together at the ABC’s of the Gospel brochure and Robert told me he wanted to receive Christ as his Savior!!!


 I have discovered that people are more ready to hear the Gospel than we are to share the Gospel.  People like Robert are all around us. Ask God to open your eyes and experience the divine appointments that surround you!

No comments:

Post a Comment